Welcome
Welcome to the Improvement Mod Forum

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

getting errors after I shut computer down

Report bugs and other problems no matter how big or small they are.

Have thanks: 0 time

Post Sun Jan 15, 2017 2:07 pm

getting errors after I shut computer down

Hi, the mod installed and worked great. However, everytime I turn off the computer It doesn't let me back on the game and comes up with rockall dll errors. I tried to fix this but then it just gave me a granny dll error. The original game works fine but the improvement mod is the one with these errors.
I can fix this by verifying game cache on steam, then loading up the vanilla game and then doing the patch again which takes about 1 sec to do. the whole process takes about 3-4 mins though and I have to keep doing this every time I shut down my computer which is a pain.
Is there anything I can do to fix this as I can't imagine me playing the vanilla game without this mod installed now?
thanks, tom
btw great work on the mod it is much appreciated :)

Site Admin

Have thanks: 17 time

Post Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:47 am

Re: getting errors after I shut computer down

[quote="bolton317"]which takes about 1 sec to do

There's the problem. The patcher you are using is old and **** and doesn't actually work.
Use this one: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxZxW4 ... AtQ2c/view

Do not use the new patcher over version 5.4, do a clean reinstall of the game and make sure you delete all remaining files.

Have thanks: 0 time

Post Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:01 pm

Hi thanks for taking the time to reply. Tested it out just now and it works perfectly fine.

Site Admin

Have thanks: 17 time

Post Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:29 pm

Glad to hear. Enjoy!

Return to Bugs and Problems