Welcome
Welcome to the Improvement Mod Forum

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

My 2 cents!

Post your awesome ideas, make me believe they are good and if possible, I will add them to the mod.

Have thanks: 0 time

Post Thu Feb 25, 2016 4:09 pm

My 2 cents!

Good day Mandos and thank you for your continual support!

I'm loyal fan!

This is only my two cents, no harm intended:

Here are the things I miss in the new version: only 2x wall upgrades. Before we had 4!

Don't know if it's a bug, but AI doesn't build walls around his cities on Gandalf maps. Was fun to have them.

This point is our major loss: no more damage taken from the train, stage coach. It was so awesome! (is there a way to bring it back?). What do I have to do. do I have to modify something to get it back?

Thanks again! My girlfriend and I still love your work!

Site Admin

Have thanks: 16 time

Post Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:22 pm

Re: My 2 cents!

4 wall upgrades??? Wut? When? Do you mean all of them? Well, they were 3, Bastion, Fortified Walls and the Native one (strong walls or improved walls or whatever).

Fortified walls were removed for 2 reasons. 1, they were actually pretty OP is abused. 2, everyone kept asking me why walls turn inside out when upgraded to fortified...
Because fortified walls had an interior and an exterior, unlike normal walls, and you had to build them in a certain why so they didn't turn inside out!
But people didn't get that and it was annoying. Fortified walls are still available in the Swedish consulate though. Cuz they are awesome.

AIs don't build walls anymore because they didn't build them right. They would either make incomplete walls, not fill gaps after trees or mines were depleted, or they did fill the gaps and ended up surrounding the base in 2 layers of walls and gates would get blocked and... Yeah.

It was a waste of wood for the AI. The AI is dumb.

Thanks for playing!

Have thanks: 0 time

Post Sun Feb 12, 2017 8:15 pm

Good day Mandos, it's been a while and love what you did with the game so far. I have one suggestion (after playing 2 v 2 Hard a few times). Walls are paper thin! Can we get back the extensive fortifications or increase wall resistance? I spent almost half a game rebuilding walls with my girlfriend which never happened before. We cheated by making lines in front of our castles to keep the enemy occupied. Lastly, we stop making them because they were ineffective and a waste of time. It took more time to manage the wall than to manage our entire cities.

We have specialized units for wall breeching but I never use them because even musketeers can destroy walls. Why have the petard, nitro-petard and all sorts of siege engines then?

My recommandation: Boost Wall HP or add extensive fortifications (with the different ages it would be a good idea). Then boost siege engines only against walls according to type (battering ram would do less damage than mortar).

Have a nice day!

Site Admin

Have thanks: 16 time

Post Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:45 am

Listen, it's hard to balance the game for both casual play and competitive, PvP play at the same time. And in PvP, people will look for exploits and abuse them.
Walls are often a victim of abuse, being spammed on the entire map for the small line of sight they provide, walling off resources near your enemy's base, etc.

HOWEVER, I do agree that buildings overall are just too weak in AoE3 which often makes artillery or heavy artillery kinda pointless.
And I plan to work on this some more in the near future. Right now I have a lot of work to do on the mod but I will get there eventually.

Return to Suggestions